‹ Return to JOIN THE REBELLION AND SAVE SCOTLAND
Sunday walk over carron valley hills.Views completly ruined by wind turbines.Must stop this destruction of Scotlands landscape.
Hello Alan. Sadly much of Scotland is becoming a disappointment. I have this experience every day when I walk my dogs. I have to look at 3 major wind farms and may have to look at another 3 pretty soon.
Life in our home is not what we were expecting and I am sure others can say the same. We must not give up trying because the general public is not aware of how bad things are going to be in a couple of years time.
Firstly, if it wasn’t for the generous subsidies paid to landowners there would be far fewer wind turbines. Secondly we all know they are not a cost effective method of generating power so who will pay for decommissioning when that is realised.
Thank goodness more and more people are starting to realise how much damage wind turbines are doing to Scotland and its wonderful scenery.
Salmond and his government have bulldozed plans through against the wishes of communities and local councils for too long.
regular visitors to Scotland have already started to plead with us to stop ruining our landscape.
Thank you for that. Please join the march on the 25th.
In Scotland wind turbines are INCREASING the amount of CO2 entering the atmosphere. Ten years ago Scotland’s average CO2 from electricity was 0.3575ton per MW (Scottish Energy Study 2006)
Wind is intermittent and recent boasts by Energy Minister Fergus Ewing say wind produced 7,049 GWh in 2011. However, this is only an average of 804 MW and represents 31.25% of the Installed wind capacity. The other 68.75% had to be produced by fossil fuel. If this’back-up’ was from coal then the CO2 was 68.75% of say 0.8 ton /MW or 0.55 t of CO2 per MW. If this was gas from Peterhead gas power station the figure is 68.75% of circa 0.55 ton/MW or 0.378 t of CO2 per MW. Both figures are HIGHER than the Government’s 2002 figure of 0.357 ton per MW.
So wind turbines do not save any CO2, blight the hillsides, kill birds and bats and the electricity they produce cost twice as much; so what possible reason can Fergus Ewing have for supporting them?
Your quote is interesting.
Ewing is claiming that wind generates 20% of scotlands 36Gu/y with a PLF of 31.25%.from 2570 MW ; much better than anyone else in the wind business who post PLF’s of around 22%. Hydro over the last 40 years has generated 10% at 30% PLF from 1000 MW which is very low carbon and never gets a mention.
In 2009 our nuclear generators put out 10.643Gu and 11.948Gu which is 62% of Scottish consumption which gives us 92% of very low carbon electricity already. One may conclude that the extra wind is to compensate of the replacement of old nuclear by imported coal burning at Hunterson and line the pockets of the Dukes and the Crown estates The Peterhead Hydrogen turbine Carbon storage that Salmond blew down his trumpet is on its way to the Emirates and the Longannet CCS scam using 1920′s boiler technology is defunded by Westminster.
Why do we ellect these dumbo politicos ?
At last – a big hitter who will stand against the delusional SNP and other politicians who are desecrating our landscape and wildlife and who will send us back (impoverished) to the dark ages
objecting to all applications in the TD6 & 7 in the Scottish Borders
Give full support, objecting to all applications in the TD6 & 7 area and Scottish Borders
Thanks Jane. Please try and get others there too. Let’s give Salmond the shock of his life and the world something to talk about.
You must be logged in to post a comment.